Method 1: Restart the Bluetooth connection
It often happens that you have successfully connected to a Bluetooth device, but have some small problems such as a bad connection. In this situation, you can turn Bluetooth ON or OFF.
To do this, click on the Bluetooth icon in the quick settings of your device or from Settings> Bluetooth, then enable / disable it.
You can try this method for a few seconds and see if a possible improvement of the Bluetooth connection has been found.
Method 2: Clearing the Bluetooth application cache
Clearing the Bluetooth cache can solve many problems.
To clear the Bluetooth application cache, follow the steps below:
- First, go to Phone Settings> Applications and Notifications> Application Information
- After that, click on the 3-point overflow menu and press Show.
- Now scroll down and click on "Bluetooth".
- Here, press "Storage" and select "Clear Cache".
- Activate the phone's Bluetooth service by double-clicking the icon in the quick settings.
Turn your light bulb off and then on electrically.
Method 3: Restart your device
Try to reboot your device every time you encounter such a problem.
This may solve the problem as several factors can lead to such undesirable circumstances.